List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Image Libs (Was: Re: devel-announce: ImageMagick and KDE to join forces)
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-05-31 13:20:33

Mosfet wrote:

> After some correspondence with the ImageMagick team I have gotten the go-ahead
> to port the ImageMagick graphic manipulation library to KDE classes and
> announce a collaboration between KDE and ImageMagick. This brings a large code
> base of advanced graphical effects and conversions to the KDE project that can
> be used in order to design image manipulation applications.

This sounds good.

I have a question about those graphics libs, which I always wondered
about. Maybe you can tell me. There is also imlib, IIRC Gimp uses it for
it's effects. And further IIRC it's used for that KDE style stuff. So
why not use imlib for other things as well?
I mean, what are the differences, advantages, disadvantages between
both?

Note: I don't say we should use one or the other lib. I'm just curious
what's the difference between them, which one is better.

Greets

Michael

--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology