List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: off-topic: need help with egcs 1.1.2 internal compiler error
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-31 12:45:30

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Aha :) Something like that might be usefull for KHTML as well... since
> it uses lots of small objects. I guess we can spare some malloc overhead
> if we allocate the memory for all objects in a HTML-page in big chunks.

Allocating memory in bigger junks also helps to limit memory
fragmentation.

Regards,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: konold@kde.org                                         //
KDE:  A stable GUI for a reliable OS.
UNIX: Everything including a device is a file.
KDE:  Everything including a file is a URL.