Steffen Hansen wrote: > > On Mon, 31 May 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote: > > > > If you make your own memory management. For example by packing objects > > > together in an array. > > > > Shouldn't you overload operator 'delete' in that case? > > Not if want to use your objects with the normal allocation routines also. > The STL vector template for example uses destruct() to call destructors > for each object in the vector before the vector itself is deleted. Aha :) Something like that might be usefull for KHTML as well... since it uses lots of small objects. I guess we can spare some malloc overhead if we allocate the memory for all objects in a HTML-page in big chunks. Cheers, Waldo