List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Naming KDE 2
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-05-31 9:25:51

On 30-May-99 Martin Konold wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 1999, Torsten Rahn wrote:
>
>> Oh, voting-time again?
>>
>> My favourite:
>>
>> KDE 2.000 Millenium Edition
>> ============================
>
> Not bad either...

I like this too, but the millenium is 2001 :)

> Regards,
> -- martin
>
> // Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
> // Email: konold@kde.org                                         //
> KDE:  A stable GUI for a reliable OS.
> UNIX: Everything including a device is a file.
> KDE:  Everything including a file is a URL.
  EMPATH: That means mail messages too ;)

BTW, sorry if my German was not exactly right. I'm only quoting from what I
heard a long time ago. English people love to take words/phrases from other
languages and give them a different meaning. Same goes for the Scots, but they
take perfectly good words like 'pieces' and give them a totally irrelevant
meaning. 'pieces' -> 'sandwiches' (?!?!?!)

Cheers,
Rik

--
KDE - Colour outside the lines  : http://www.kde.org