List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kiconloader in 1.1 branch
From:       Denis Pershin <dyp () inetlab ! com>
Date:       1999-05-30 11:02:18

> > > of zeus crashed somewhen. But only the one with the
> > > cvs binary did, so I doubt that this is related.
> >
> > I hope that there's a backup that could be used ?
>
> That's what I hoped too.

Hmmm... I have already restored all of them.
Also I just compiled KDE from 1.1 branch using egcs 1.1.2 with following

-pipe  -mcpu=pentiumpro -O3 -fcse-follow-jumps -fcse-skip-blocks \
-frerun-cse-after-loop -fexpensive-optimizations -fschedule-insns2 -fno-rtti \
-fno-exceptions

And I get KDE which is MUCH smaller and MUCH faster.

I compiled kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase, kdenetwork and kkb. I was forced to
disable ksirc compilation due to its exceptions usage.

Optimised version is:
bash-2.03$ du -sk bin lib
7724    bin
4225    lib

Nonoptimised:
bash-2.03$ du -sk bin lib
9771    bin
5563    lib

Any comments? If someone will do the factor analisys of these options it will be
great. I have no time for this now... I should prove my diploma thesis tomorrow.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Y. Pershin

E-Mail: dyp@inetlab.com