List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Crashes in today's snapshot
From:       "Glen Parker" <glenebob () nwlink ! com>
Date:       1999-05-28 23:17:55

> Is anyone else experiencing crashes in all KDE apps with today's
> snapshots ? Is it a theme or Qt bug or a hosed compilation by me ?
>
> #0  0x406fd8e6 in chunk_free (ar_ptr=0x40752220, p=0x80fda88) at
> malloc.c:2950
> #1  0x406fd7b1 in __libc_free (mem=0x80fda90) at malloc.c:2877
> #2  0x406adcde in __builtin_delete (ptr=0x80fda90)

<snip>

It sounds like the same problem I've been having for several days now.  In
my case, it sometimes manifests itself in a change to QString::null (always
garbage) - ie,

"debug ("QString::null = \"%s\"", QString::null.ascii())"

will show different values at different times, thus my commit a couple days
ago, changing QString::null to QString(), which helped but does not solve
problem.  So obviously something is writing all over the place, out of
bounds - sometimes causing a segfault, sometimes just odd behavior, but I
have no idea where to start looking for the funky code - could be almost
anywhere really ;-(

Glen