List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: knetmon (Was: about our attitude towards M$ windows)
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-28 18:40:07

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> > What I'm speaking of is accessing windows shares in LAN's using samba.
> [SNIP]
> > To simplify this task I wrote kNetmon
> > (http://www.rz.tu-ilmenau.de/~lekus/netmon.html, there you can find a
> > screenshot too), which is at the moment in kde-nonbeta.
> [SNIP]
> > IMO it would be really good to move this program to kdenetwork (for KDE
> > 1.x for now)
>
> Could be.

We were discussed three things:
1. the name - knetmon is -definitly- the wrong name. netmon may be
  the right name under Windows, but is the wrong on UNIX.
2. including in 1.1.2 - this is definitly a nono as I'm sure noone
  tests this app besides under Linux and you only recently changed
  a bunch.
3. the including in kdenetwork. I never said something opposing to
  it - I was discussing 1.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Und sie nannten ihn, wie er selbst unterschrieb -
Den Trojanischen Pferdedieb