List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: -fno-exceptions?
From:       Mario Weilguni <mweilguni () sime ! com>
Date:       1999-05-28 15:23:58

Am Fri, 28 May 1999 schrieb David Faure:
>On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 12:08:16PM -0600, listasj@cban.com wrote:
>>
>> Umm, ok, that nukes kSirc.  As has been stated before, if you call an
>> exception from a function which was called from within a library which was
>> compiled without exception handling very bad things happend.
>
>You mean ... using a signal / slot for instance ?
>
>Then ... oops ... we can't remove exceptions.

I cannot agree. Do we really need to punish every KDE user with bloated
libraries just because a chat-program is written in a way incompatible with the
rest of the programs?

Exceptions are a cool tool on a technical level, but if it leads to such
bloated libraries we should avoid it like hell.

Mario

--
Waste not, get your budget cut next year.