List:       kde-devel
Subject:    little KProcess problem
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       1999-05-28 5:51:51

 Hello,

I'm now writing non-blocking gethostbyname() for KBiff. While the multithreaded
version was piece of cake, fork()-ing drives me nutts. KProcess helped quite a
lot and it's almost done already, but it causes another problem : I have all
KProcesses in my class in a static QList, and if some of them are still running
while I quit the app, it segfaults. The reason is that KProcessController is
destroyed in ~KApplication() and it's called before the destructor of my list.
Could it be changed that it will be destroyed later, at least in 2.0 libs (
I'll have to do some workaround for it now anyway ) ? Using atexit() is the
best way of handling deleting of such global data I'm aware of, though there
still may be some problems. Or is there a better way of doing this ?

 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@email.cz

And btw, why are there missing some values in KProcess::Communication ?
Using (( KProcess::Communication ) ( KProcess::Stdin | KProcess::Stdout )) as a
second parameter to the start() call is quite ugly.