List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Everthing segfaults!!!
From:       David Faure <faure () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-27 18:55:24

On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 11:38:54AM +0200, Sven Radej wrote:
> On Thu, 27 May 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >Sven Radej wrote:
> (...)
> >> Ouch! Not in ~/.kde/share/config/kderc ! My test app is called "kde" and makes
> >> useless kderc there!
> >
> >Then rename it.
> No problem for me. But I suspect sooner or later someone will make a
> application named "kde" and this will ruin whole kde.

What's all this talk about naming something kde ??
There already is a kde in the PATH, which calls startkde.

It's like if you were saying : KDE is buggy because if somebody does
cp /bin/ls /usr/bin/kfm

then startkde won't start kfm anymore !!

Some names are reserved since already used. Dot.
We can name the file kderc without other thought.

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org