List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice Release
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-05-27 8:05:26

Torsten Rahn wrote:
> And please drop those silly names -- they're quite tasteless --
> How many people died during these accidents.  And I don't
> think that they're very good for making PR. We don't want to
> be "circus-clowns" nor do we want that people will continue to
> use these names for the stable versions, do we?

Well, taking yourself too serious is also quite dangerous.
I rather have a release called Titanic and be a clown, than
that we call it KO1 and find it back in every distribution
around and get bad press about the instability.

We KNOW it will be buggy and we should make that very clear.

I find KO1 way too boring.

Cheers,
Waldo Bastian
bastian@kde.org