List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice Release
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-05-26 10:05:29

Leon Widdershoven wrote:

> Kurt Granroth wrote:
> >

> > 1) They need to have a "name".  990525 doesn't cut it.  Alex had a suggestion
> >    to call them something like KO1.  I like that.  The KOffice KO1 Release
> >    sounds a lot nicer than koffice-990525.
>
> I would propose a name like:
>  KOffice KO1 Pre-Release (Titanic)
>
> It has a name, it has a code which can be mentioned in bug reports
> (KO1),
> it is clear that it is not a final/major release and it has a cute
> name like (Titanic). In this indicative that it is a pre-release
> and can be a littlebit unstable:)

Why not just "KOffice pre-release (Titanic)" no reason to make it
more complicated than it should be.

I guess it will need to wait a bit till HEAD is in somewhat more
stable waters. Releasing koffice without the needed kdelibs/kdebase/
mico/Qt looks quite impossible to me.

In the roadmap there is a 1.1.2/1.2 and a 1.89 foreseen. I think
it  would be best to aim to include koffice in the 1.89 release.
Having  another release for koffice alone which is incompatible
with every other release looks very unattractive to me.

If we aim for an early 1.89 once HEAD is stabilized we can always
add 1.90, 1.91, etc.

We shouldn't release 1.89 too close before/after 1.1.2/1.2. That
way we can benefit most from the publicity generated by the release.

Cheers,
Waldo