List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfig still having issues?
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-05-26 17:54:29

I added a bunch of debug warnings and you are right, they are being read
correctly. Looking at my code I was relying on KConfig::hasKey() to determine if
there is a widget specific color entry. It seems that in the old KConfig if
there is a blank key hasKey() returned false. Now if the key exists at all it
returns true.

I am not sure which is the proper behavior. Should KConfig::hasKey return true
even if the key has no value? In the old KConfig it did not, and that saves the
programmer from having to check if the key is blank and invalid manually.

Either way, sorry about being on the wrong track about the colorGroup and
numEntry stuff. Since everything was turning out black I just assumed that was
it ;-)

mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com