On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 10:08:42PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote: > David Faure wrote: > > > > On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 09:28:16PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote: > > > Hi! > > > > > > As far as I can see, both do almost the same. Is there a > > > reason for Kpixmapcache or can it be merged into kiconloader? > > > > I first thought that they should be merged (which means that kiconloader would get > > all the additional methods that exist in kpixmapcache). > > BUT : this would mean that the result of the merge would have > > to be in kio, because it uses the mimetype stuff ! > > (e.g. pixmapForURL(...), pixmapForMimeType(...)) > > => in fact I see no way of merging. > > > > We don't want all apps that use the icon loader to be required to link to kio... > > The same problem ever and ever again.... > > > > The only thing that could be removed from kpixmapcache are toolbarPixmap and wallpaperPixmap. > > Then I propose to make class kiopixmapcache : public kiconloader Great idea. > Will look into it. Cool. The kstddirs methods have a limitation : as they don't handle mini icons, I don't see how to port ktop. It used to iterate over all files in kde_icondir() + "/mini". findAllResources does the job of iterating, but it doesn't handle mini icons. What's the solution ? -- David FAURE david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today