List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kded doesn't compile
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1999-05-25 11:38:28

Steffen Hansen wrote:

> On Tue, 25 May 1999, Glen Parker wrote:
>
> > Getting this error for past day or so...
> >
> > Making all in kded
> > make[3]: Entering directory
> > `/usr/local/home/glenebob/src/kde/HEAD/kdelibs/corba/kded'
> > make[3]: *** No rule to make target `yacc.tab.c', needed by `yacc.tab.lo'.
> > Stop.
> > make[3]: Leaving directory
> > `/usr/local/home/glenebob/src/kde/HEAD/kdelibs/corba/kded'
> > make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >
> > Missing file(s), cracked Makefile*, what?
> > yacc.tab.c doesn't come from cvs, and never appears.
>
> The Makefile is somewhat broken, but you should be able to make the needed
> files by doing

You shouldn't call files yytab.c, but rename them. The other option
would be to rely on flex and yacc and put yacc.y in the SOURCE line.
But we once decided against that, so rename it :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.