List:       kde-devel
Subject:    mimetype stuff
From:       Uwe Thiem <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       1999-05-25 13:02:41

How is the mimetype stuff in KDE supposed to work?

If I want to install a new app and want kfm to recognize its files
either from the file name extension or the first line of the file
(it really doesn't matter that much) what has the installation
procedure to do?

I tried to add an appropriate (or so I think) kdelnk file to
kde/share/mimelnk and a line to /kde/share/mimelnk/magic to no
avail so far.

Please CC your answer to my email address because our server hosting
the mailing lists doesn't like me.   :-(

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                        Tel: +264 - 061 - 244511
P.O.Box 30955                                    Fax: +264 - 061 - 244511
Windhoek                                         Email:   uwe@uwix.alt.na
Republic of Namibia                                           uwe@kde.org
                                                       http://www.kde.org