On Tue, 25 May 1999, Mosfet wrote: > It's already in kdelibs/corba/parts ;-) But not this vastly improved version :-) > > I would prefer it in kdeui tho, since I could use it for non-OP stuff I am > doing (I am using XReparentWindow currently). Great. One usage tip (the documentation is not yet finished): Use qxembed from the client side and not from the server side. That means: not the embedding widget does the reparenting but vice versa: the client-module embeds itself. This is trivial with qxembed. Here's a tiny example of a standalone qxembed widget that will embed a qmultilineedit as client. First the server: #include #include #include int main( int argc, char **argv ) { QApplication a( argc, argv ); QXEmbed qx; a.setMainWidget( &qx ); qx.show(); QApplication::flushX(); if ( !fork() ) execlp("client_program", "client_program", "-embed", QString::number(qx.winId()).latin1(), 0); return a.exec(); } If you wonder about the flushX(), that's to avoid Xlib getting out of sync with two processes. Unlikely but might happen. And here's the applet, a simple qmultlineedit: #include #include #include "qxembed.h" int main( int argc, char **argv ) { QApplication a( argc, argv ); QMultiLineEdit me; a.setMainWidget( &me ); if ( !QXEmbed::processClientCmdline( &me, argc, argv ) ) me.show(); return a.exec(); } Cute, isn't it? :-) Note that you *need* tomorrows Qt-2.0 snapshot to get this working properly. The public Qt CVS will be updated in a few hours, to be precise. Matthias