On Mon, 24 May 1999, Michael Koch wrote: [snip] > > I agree totally with you. KDE needs a fully featured image manipulation app. > > I also think, that we need a small image app for KDE/KOffice. I had a look at > KView. It is also CORBA-based now. We can use it for KOffice. > > We should use KView as simple image app and making KImage as good as GIMP or > better ;-) > > We have to compatible with GIMP-Plugins. This way we can use many features of > GIMP with a KDE-look-GUI. > > > Last month (or so) I wrote a mail into de-devel to help me making KImage a > great choice for image manipulators but noone replied to me. This was very > frustating. If there is someone who helps me with KImage I will work on it for > a better Image manipalting app. I understand your frustation. But that's normal when project starts. People will not join as soon as some of the basic stuff is working. But hey, you and Mosfet ( KDE's rasterman :-) plus Taj. If that's not a brilliant start, nothing is :-) Matthias