On Mon, 24 May 1999, Michael Koch wrote: > Am Tue, 25 May 1999 schrieb Mosfet: > >I am looking at doing a KPaint II that supports image manipulation plugins. I > >am also studying ImageMagick's effects.c code, which could very easily be made > >into a base for image plugin effects. I have not progressed very far as of now > >since I am busy with other apps at this point. If someone would like to > >spearhead this (possibly by trying to set up a development alliance between KDE > >and the ImageMagick team), this would be great. ImageMagick seems to have a > >psudeo-artistic license. > > Some time ago a asked Reggie for using imlib with KImage. He said to me that > imlib is quiet good for 32 bit Computers, but it makes many problems with > Alphas. It is not compatible with all KDE-supported platforms. I think we > should not use such an incompatible library. > Note I made no mention of Imlib, I was talking of ImageMagick (two totally different things ;-) > > > CU > Michael Koch > > > student of computer science at > university of applied sciences > Darmstadt, Germany > > KDE Enthusiast, fan and developer > Projects: KPat, KImage and Katabase > Documentation of KOM/OpenParts > > mail: m_koch@bigfoot.de > www: http://heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~mkoch -- Daniel M. Duley - Unix developer & sys admin. mosfet@kde.org mosfet@jorsm.com