List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kio is really REALLY slow right now
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-05-24 13:23:06

Is it just me, or do other people notice that KIO is really slow right
now?  I notice it in readDirectories mostly I think.  KPanel and KOnqueror
are taking AGES to start up.

I did some profiling w/gprof, and it seems the VAST majority of time is
taken up in QString functions, like somehow there is WAY too much qstring
manipulation going on.  Something appears to be going nuts.  I can provide
more detailed profiling info if anyone wants it.  Just curious if anyone
else has seen this.

i would trace, but my gdb is segfaulting at the moment when loading
libmico2.2.6. :( I have to get and compile 4.18 I guess.

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat Software, Inc.