List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: K abiword port
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-05-24 2:29:10

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> Offtopic: With abiword and gnumeric there are now two overhyped gtk
> projects that both have a far superior counterpart in the KDE office
> suite. We are sort of unbeatable when it comes to coding, our
> marketing however, seems to need vastly improvements :-(

Perhaps once things stop moving, we could do a binary release of the
KOffice bits.  I know I'm itching to do one for FreeBSD anyways, but
things seem to be moving so quicly (trying to keep track of Qt and the
constantly changing mico versions, etc, etc).

Once we can do a preview binary release (something hailed as being more
important than a daily snapshot) somewhat like M3 was for Mozilla, and
give it a snazzy nickname (KO#1? Knock Out 1? ;) ), we can also hype this
to all the appropiate announcment groups. Perhaps we should aim for mid
summer.

I know for a fact that there's a growing market for a decent WP that works
with FreeBSD.  ApplixWare and WordPerfect both run, but Applix has been
dicking around for over a year about a native port.

- alex