On Sun, 23 May 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote: > > I'm wondering if we could make that default for kde* ? If we can save > > space that easily, it's really worth thinking about. > > I've been thinkin about this for ages, but there are some apps which use > exceptions, and some that use RTTI; both of which need to be present in > any C++ support libraries. This means that you can't compile kdelibs with > either of those flags, but perhaps you can with kdebase. I might be wrong, but I thought, you could disable exception handling in the libs, even if there are apps using them. You just won't be able to propagate exceptions through the library, but neither qt, nor kdelibs use them (meaning there aren't any functions in the libs calling functions that might throw exceptions), so shouldn't be a problem. Cheers, Lars