Bernd Gehrmann wrote: > > On Fri, 21 May 1999, Holger Thon wrote: > > > > "Corel will also build its desktop Linux offering around the Debian > > > > GNU/Linux distribution." > > > > > > Yes, "around". They use Debian as foundation and add KDE and their > > > > Hm, any word seems to have a meaning in this sentence... :-))))) > > I just wondered why they don't want to include kde but corel's linux > > desktop. And the article itself suggests this. > > Oh well :-) The word 'desktop' is used in different meanings here. > In the context 'desktop Linux offering' it implies that Corel's > distribution is mainly aiming at 'desktop users', i. e. users of > office applications, whereas other distributions like Red Hat or > Caldera have an emphasis on the server market. > > > Well, besides: What debian plans to do sounds really interesting. Why > > isn't this posted to the Debian weekly news as well? I also think > > dselect has to be revised or exchanged, though it's still better than > > e.g. DLD's java based installer (aka: give me more ressources than you > > have installer... ;-). > > Have you tried gnome-apt? I've not yet used it, but it is said to > be quite nice. Not yet, i downloaded the sources already but i have to update to another gtk, imlib, and so on to use it. At the moment i'm too lazy for that procedure, for i would have to recompile other gtk and imlib apps as well. And somebody told me: N-TARS rules. Regards, Holger