List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kio is a mess...
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-05-22 14:14:17

On 09-May-99 David Faure wrote:

> All this is because you're not looking at the right place I think.
> If you want to use kioslave functionality, then you want to use kio
> (especially kiojob).
> kioslave is 'internal' to kiojob, so you don't have to care about how
> kioslaves
> are launched, except if you want to fix kio.

Ok, but this doesn't answer my question.

I need to have some docs on how to use kio, not just the API reference.

Just one simple example of how to fire off a kio job connecting to a pop3
server and how to talk to it would help.

Someone MUST be able to help me out here !

I _want_ to do something like this:

KIOJob j("pop");
j.setServer("localhost");
j.setPort("110");
connect(&j, SIGNAL(response(QString)), SLOT(s_response(QString)));
j.go();

s_response(QString)
{
  j.command("RETR 1");
}

... but I need to know EXACTLY how it is done, because the API docs DO NOT say.

At the moment it's like trying to learn to ride a bike using a book that only
tells you how big the bearings are and how deep the tread is.

Cheers,
Rik

--
KDE - Colour outside the lines  : http://www.kde.org