List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: File locations (was Re: directory for additional services?)
From:       Kurt Granroth <kurt_granroth () email ! mot ! com>
Date:       1999-05-21 19:35:01

Sean,

I don't understand your position at all!  I say that our current situation is
the way to go and you tell me (rather rudely, I think) that I am wrong.  Then
you go right back and give this example!  This is exactly what we are doing
right now!

What Stephan was suggesting was to NOT have KDE be it's own package in this
sense.  Our current setup is exactly as you describe below (which, by the way,
is how I think it should remain).  Stephan was suggesting doing something
like:

$prefix/share/kde
$prefix/etc/kde

and so on..

Note that the 'kde' part of it is BELOW the 'share' or 'etc' directories and
not above it like our current setup.

This is a big difference.

--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org