List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Strange linking warnings
From:       Holger Thon <devel_ht () unidui ! uni-duisburg ! de>
Date:       1999-05-21 6:46:49

Dirk A. Mueller wrote:

> Holger Thon <devel_ht@unidui.uni-duisburg.de> wrote:
>
> > Then recompile the kde-applications (kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase and
> > any additional you might want). The warnings described by you
> > shouldn't occur any more.
>
> Well, those warnings actually come from -frtti, at least here. Using
> -fno-rtti fixed it for me all the time until last week, since when
> kdelibs somehow doesn't compile any more with -fno-ritti.

Which compiler do you use? I had these problems running an libc5 based
system with gcc 2.8.1. For older versions of g++/eg++ also had problems
with exception handling, you might have even needed to compile with
-fnoexceptions.

If you have something like this, i'd recomment to install egcs 1.1.2
(egcs.cygnus.com).
It might sound strange that you need to compile it through three stages,
but it's worth the work i think (for you can include optimations on your
own architecture if you wish so). Perhaps your distributor even has a
newer, packaged, binary version on his server.

Regards,
  Holger