List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDOC + namespaces
From:       Holger Thon <devel_ht () unidui ! uni-duisburg ! de>
Date:       1999-05-21 6:30:02

Hi!

Rik Hemsley wrote:

> Someone just complained to me that KDOC doesn't do namespaces.
>
> Easy ? Hard ?

Though namespaces have a different meaning than classes (i.e. no type
like declaration whose methods have to be called through instances,
etc.), the syntax is almost the same.

I think KDoc does not need to take care about the theoretical
differences, for it just creates documentation out of the source.

So maybe you just need to replace the class occurences with namespace in
the .C/.cpp files. Then it would be easy. :-)

However, i haven't seen any KDE Application yet, which makes use of
namespaces at all. And yet i'm a bit to lazy to use the standard c++
routines through namespaces, too (e.g. cout is much shorter then
std::cout ;-).

Regards,
  Holger