Lubos Lunak wrote: > On Út, 18 kvì 1999, Kurt Granroth wrote : > >Is there a way to reliably tell when a screensaver is active? KBiff has an > >option where it will pop up a dialog when new mail arrives. Unfortunately, > >if a screensaver is active, it will pop up the dialog on TOP of the > >screensaver. This is not good. > > > >Unfortunately, I haven't a clue how I can tell when the screensaver is > >active in order to prevent this. Is there such a mechanism? > > Licq uses XScreenSaver function for auto-away, so this could > probably help you ( http://licq.wibble.net ). Okay.. I check out Licq and could find no mention of that function. What version were you referring to? In any event, a bunch o' research turned up a few leads. To access screensaver-type information, you need to use either the MIT-SCREENSAVER or XIdle extensions. I don't think the MIT-.. one will do what I want and XIdle is far from standard (I don't have it on either my Linux or Solaris box). Bummer... -- Kurt Granroth | granroth@kde.org KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Linux