Matthias Ettrich wrote: > Isn't it strange? Developers of both teams try to work more closely together > on a technical level and their self-appointed leader tries as hard as he can > to make that politically impossible for the KDE team without losing face. > > I'm still in favour of working with them to some degree, mainly for the > benefit of linux users in general. However, if Miguel continues with his > flames and the gnome developers don't oppose to his behaviour, we have to > assume that he actually represents their attitude or at least the attitude > of their majority. Not necessarily. Miquel is a very dedicated and eloquent spokesperson for Gnome. I can see how developer's might cringe at some things he says.. but let's face it, he *does* get them a lot of press and he's good in a conference. I'm guessing that many developers probably just view him as a necessary evil. > When we are forced to draw this conclusion, I'm done with cooperation. It's > always a nice feeling to be ethically on the right side but that doesn't imply > that we have to behave like martyrs. Don't think in the macro sense.. think micro. If the developer's that YOU work with are cooperative, then keep working with *them*. Don't condemn an entire project because of a few jerks. -- Kurt Granroth | granroth@kde.org KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Linux