On Thu, 20 May 1999, Harri Porten wrote: > David Faure wrote: > > > > On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 07:29:33PM +0200, Harri Porten wrote: > > > > > I switched to mico-2.2.6 yesterday. Are the compile errors in > > > kdelibs/corba the problems you were talking about ? > > > > Those problems are 'simple' porting stuff, which Steffen and Simon have > > already done on their hdd. When they say "we all switch", I suppose > > they will also commit the necessary changes. > > The problem is not that, but kded still not working well, so object > > trading would be broken. Perhaps we should apply those changes in a branch > > (like MICO_2_2_6) so that more people can test it with 2.2.6 ? > > Or this is stupid and let's simply switch and temporary lose embedding... > > Don't know. > > I would say: let's switch now (or better 24h after a > warning/announcement on kde-devel). Since Reggie gave his okay there > should be noone else depending on corba except the people willing to > work on the port anyway, right ? > > I don't want to put any pressure on Steffen or Simon, though. I'm ready, just tell me what do to :-) (and I agree with you: I'd rather switch now, but I'm not in the position to decide this) > > > > Anyway my point is : don't spend your time on porting, it's already done AFAIK. > > Thanks for the info. > > Harri. > Ciao, Simon -- Simon Hausmann http://www.kde.org/