List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: mico 2.2.6
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1999-05-20 19:32:52

David Faure wrote:

> On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 07:29:33PM +0200, Harri Porten wrote:
>
> > I switched to mico-2.2.6 yesterday. Are the compile errors in
> > kdelibs/corba the problems you were talking about ?
>
> Those problems are 'simple' porting stuff, which Steffen and Simon have
> already done on their hdd. When they say "we all switch", I suppose
> they will also commit the necessary changes.
> The problem is not that, but kded still not working well, so object
> trading would be broken. Perhaps we should apply those changes in a branch
> (like MICO_2_2_6) so that more people can test it with 2.2.6 ?
> Or this is stupid and let's simply switch and temporary lose embedding...
> Don't know.

I would say: let's switch now (or better 24h after a
warning/announcement on kde-devel). Since Reggie gave his okay there
should be noone else depending on corba except the people willing to
work on the port anyway, right ?

I don't want to put any pressure on Steffen or Simon, though.

> Anyway my point is : don't spend your time on porting, it's already done AFAIK.

Thanks for the info.

Harri.