List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: mico 2.2.6
From:       David Faure <faure () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-20 19:08:50

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 07:29:33PM +0200, Harri Porten wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Simon Hausmann wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 19 May 1999, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> >
> > > I have mico-2.2.6 for 5 weeks already. How can I help (what pieces of code
> > > will need fixes and will not get people work on it)?
> >
> > Thanks for your offer :)
> >
> > One thing comes to my mind:
> >
> > Help us finishing kded :)
> >
> > Most stuff is working fine already, but I think it needs some
> > polishing and testing.
>
> I wanted to mention that I just started to "try to understand" the KOM,
> OpenParts etc. stuff as well. Since kded is certainly not the easiest
> part to begin with I'll concentrate on easier tasks first.
>
> I switched to mico-2.2.6 yesterday. Are the compile errors in
> kdelibs/corba the problems you were talking about ?

Those problems are 'simple' porting stuff, which Steffen and Simon have
already done on their hdd. When they say "we all switch", I suppose
they will also commit the necessary changes.
The problem is not that, but kded still not working well, so object
trading would be broken. Perhaps we should apply those changes in a branch
(like MICO_2_2_6) so that more people can test it with 2.2.6 ?
Or this is stupid and let's simply switch and temporary lose embedding...
Don't know.

Anyway my point is : don't spend your time on porting, it's already done AFAIK.

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org