List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Gnome story has hit slashdot...
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-05-19 16:18:50

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Sean Kendall Schneyer wrote:
>I imagine this particular story will bring back some of the
>previous FUD/flame wars that I thought had died down. I
>can't post to the KDE thread because I have moderator points
>at the moment, so if any of you get a chance, try to combat any
>FUD and answer any questions that non-KDE users might have.

Isn't it strange? Developers of both teams try to work more closely together
on a technical level and their self-appointed leader tries as hard as he can to
make that politically impossible for the KDE team without losing face.

I'm still in favour of working with them to some degree, mainly for the benefit
of linux users in general.  However, if Miguel continues with his flames and the
gnome developers don't oppose to his behaviour, we have to assume that he
actually represents their attitude or at least the attitude of their majority.

When we are forced to draw this conclusion, I'm done with cooperation. It's
always a nice feeling to be ethically on the right side but that doesn't imply
that we have to behave like martyrs.

I'd say it's up to the gnome developers now, to either pull Miguel back in line
or drop him.

Matthias