List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Knowing when a screensaver is active
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-19 3:51:49

Martin Jones wrote:
> Kurt Granroth wrote:
> > Is there a way to reliably tell when a screensaver is active?  KBiff has
> > an option where it will pop up a dialog when new mail arrives.
> > Unfortunately, if a screensaver is active, it will pop up the dialog on
> > TOP of the screensaver.
>
> In KDE 1.1.1 it will not appear on top of the screensaver.

Eh?  Are you sure?  I could have sworn that one of the bug reports I got for
this was for 1.1.1 (I don't run 1.1.1 myself so it's hard to test).

If 1.1.1 *is* doing something, then how does it work.
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth

        KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Linux