pbrown@redhat.com wrote: > > On Sun, 16 May 1999, Andreas Pour wrote: > > > Another problem with using the server is, what if several different > > users are using the same X server? Whose kderc properties are used? > > I guess you could create a different XAtom for each user@hostname. > > But I think XAtoms on the root window aren't destroyed until the root > > window is, this might lead to memory leaks. > > I see your point on this. I'm not sure about XAtoms and their > destruction, I'll have to research it a bit more. But I don't see many > cases of multiple users using the same display. About the only one I can > think of is the regular user and any super users sessions he or she might > use. > Maybe also software running on other machines invoked via rsh or ssh. Regards, Holger