X gurus! Is there a way to reliably tell when a screensaver is active? KBiff has an option where it will pop up a dialog when new mail arrives. Unfortunately, if a screensaver is active, it will pop up the dialog on TOP of the screensaver. This is not good. Unfortunately, I haven't a clue how I can tell when the screensaver is active in order to prevent this. Is there such a mechanism? If not, then we definitely need to put *something* like this in the screensavers for 2.0... -- Kurt Granroth | granroth@kde.org KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Linux