List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdesktop [was: Re: screensaver proposal]
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-18 2:53:10

David FAURE wrote:
> This is exactly Torben's idea of kdesktop (which would in addition
> handle desktop icons) - he didn't send me his current code for kdesktop yet,
> so I don't know what is done and what isn't, but better ask him
> before you start, to avoid effort duplication.
>
> Of course, kdesktop should have options to disable desktop icons,
> screensaver, and root menu, so that it doesn't matter that it handles
> them all.

And speaking of kdesktop, will it handle "global" shortcuts?  I just
discovered KHotKeys the other day and now I wonder how I got along without it!
Very very very cool.  It is an absolute must, IMO.
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth

        KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Linux