List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: screensaver proposal
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-17 10:41:39

On Sun, 16 May 1999 pbrown@redhat.com wrote:

> for modes we have already ported, we will be able to use nifty KDE config
> dialogs, but we will still be able to let people run the existing,
> unported hacks.
>
> Opinions?

Well, I am not shure if it is worth the effort. IMHO in the long run we
should drop to support the legacy screensavers instead.

Support of legacy screensavers gains not much but causes potentially a lot
of trouble and is a source of inconsistency.

Remember: KDE is about choice BUT a very important goal is consistency.

Regards,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: konold@kde.org                                         //
Anybody who's comfortable using KDE should use it. Anyone who wants to
tell other people what they should be using can go to work for Microsoft.
KDE not only OpenSource[TM] but OpenMinded[TM].
KDE: A stable GUI for a reliable OS.