List:       kde-devel
Subject:    screensaver proposal
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-05-16 20:04:46

Because all the screensaver hacks are ported from xscreensaver, and
xscreensaver is continually updated whereas the KDE screensavers lag and
are not complete, I propose that for KDE 2.0 we make the screensaver
module completely compatible with xscreensaver, but also take advantage of
ported, KDE-compliant screensaver modules *if* they are available.  Thus
for modes we have already ported, we will be able to use nifty KDE config
dialogs, but we will still be able to let people run the existing,
unported hacks.

Opinions?

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat Software, Inc.