On Sat, 15 May 1999, Christian Esken wrote: > Here we go: > > Besides KDW-only questions, this is also a discussion on how the > KTMW<->KApp<->KDW classes should work together in the future. While I > think about this, the text is evolving and getting longer and longer, > so be warned again. ;-) Please dont put stuff into KApplication. It is IMO too big already. [...] > So it boils down for me that it would be the right thing if the docking > class and KApplication would cooperate (Remember: There's perhaps no > KTMW instance around). What I need: > 1) KApplication needs a method to retrieve the applications state: > Either shown or hidden. It has to be discussed what "hidden" actually > means: "main window hidden" or "all windows hidden" or ... > 2) KApplication must have slots for standard docking SIGNALs: > quit_clicked() and lets_call_it_toggle_window_state_clicked() As said, dont stuff more code/data into KApp. Instead make an adaptor class that the app can instantiate if it wants to connect the dockwidget with it's mainwindow. greetings, -------------- Steffen Hansen | email: stefh@mip.sdu.dk, stefh@imada.sdu.dk,| hansen@kde.org | ABC...VWXKZ :) URL: http://www.mip.sdu.dk/~stefh |