List:       kde-devel
Subject:    We've got 'staysOnTop', how about 'staysOnBottom'??
From:       Graham TerMarsch <gtermars () home ! com>
Date:       1999-05-15 1:42:01

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but I didn't see it pop up in
the mailing list archives, so I thought I'd ask about it here.....

I can see that we've got a KWM::staysOnTop flag that you can set for an
application to force it to stay on the top of the Z-order of the windows.
But, what'd be involved in creating a 'staysOnBottom' flag to go along with
it?

I ask as right now I'm running 'kwatch' so that it sits on my desktop (with
same color background) and just watches stuff and looks like it's just
scrolling across the desktop itself.  However, I'd like to find out how to
make this window stay on the bottom of the Z-order so that it never ever comes
up to the front.  Tried setting the window so that it could never get the
focus, but when I drop a window to the bottom of the Z-order, my kwatch window
appears in front of it.

Do we have support for this already through some combination of settings that
I'm missing in KDE-1.1.1, or if not, what'd really be involved in adding this
in?

--
Graham TerMarsch

// Alex Haley was adopted!