On Fri, 14 May 1999, Pietro Iglio wrote: > Question: is there any copyright issue if we copy toolbar icons from other > applications? I have seen the same icons (eg. the floppy disk for "Save") > in many toolbars in many different applications. > Did they all pay license fees? Is it possible to copyright a small icon? > (like the ones appearing in toolbars) Please be very careful and do not copy ANY non open source artwork into kde applications. E.g.: The big number of win32 icons are freely availabe from M$ but ONLY for use on the Windows platform. Regards, -- martin // Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany // // Email: konold@kde.org // Anybody who's comfortable using KDE should use it. Anyone who wants to tell other people what they should be using can go to work for Microsoft. KDE not only OpenSource[TM] but OpenMinded[TM]. KDE: A stable GUI for a reliable OS.