List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Applets?
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-05-14 16:09:36

>BTW: How are kpanel and panelapplets going to communicate? CORBA/KOM or
>yet-another-special-protocol?

No, not yet-another-special-protocol but X11.

From a "standard" point of view tt doesn't matter at all whether we introduce a
new protocol based on CORBA or a new protocol based on X11. But X11 has the
advantage, that we don't need Corba for the panel and all the tiny applets. The
unix way: use the right tools for the right job.

I'll try to standarize the docking protocol with Alfredo and Raster, so that
the same applet will work for kpanel or windowmaker or enlightment etc.

Matthias