At 17.39 13/05/99 +0200, Torsten Rahn wrote: >On Thu, 13 May 1999, Pietro Iglio wrote: >> At 17.11 13/05/99 +0200, Torsten Rahn wrote: >> >On Thu, 13 May 1999, Matthias Ettrich wrote: >> >> What really want is the possibility to drag certain items as new >> toolbuttons on >> >> a custom toolbar, no? >> >> >> >> Matthia >> >NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Please Nooooooooo!!! >> >(Hope you heard it!) >> >This means that we have to make an icon for *every* menu-entry. >> >> This is not necessary: you can only drag some menu entries, the ones that >> come with an icon. > >As far as you can drop only the menu entries with icons (the icons should >appear in the menu by deafult then) this would be a good idea. > >But the other way would save you when there is no icon ... > >> Developers could use icons from a large set of >> standard mini-icons (other might be added to cover a large amount of >> common menu entries). > >Great idea! And who do you think will create this 'large set of standard >mini-icons' that is so large that you'll find an icon for every purpose? > >Don't count on me ... I can understand your disappointment. However, implementing this feature doesn't imply having a large number of icons available. We can just enable drag'n'drop for items that have an icon. Where we get the icons is a different matter. Question: is there any copyright issue if we copy toolbar icons from other applications? I have seen the same icons (eg. the floppy disk for "Save") in many toolbars in many different applications. Did they all pay license fees? Is it possible to copyright a small icon? (like the ones appearing in toolbars) -- Pietro