List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Applets? [ was: Re: kde mp3 player]
From:       Torsten Rahn <rahn () astrophysik ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       1999-05-13 22:21:10

Steffen Hansen wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 1999, Torsten Rahn wrote:
>
> > Perhaps^H^H^H^H^H It would be better to have these applets in 32 and
> > 48?^H!!!!
>
> Applets should be resizeable. How high is the default size for kpanel? I

Yes!

> think most stuff (pagers, media-players, cpu/load/heat-monitors etc)
> can fit into the default sized panel.

Yes!

> > BTW: Did you already implement multiple Panels, menus that can be
> > ripped off (not menu-bars! -- I know that we have them.). I remember
> > that I loved these ripp-off-menus in Geoworks (the PC-version of GEOS
> > that you might know from the C64-days ....) It was *very* useful
> > to have them in office/graphics-applications!
> That would be nice too. Plus panels that dont need to fill the entire
> width/height of the screen.

Aaaah at least one person -- so I wonŽt drink my beer alone .. :-)

> > What I also liked about Gnome was the halftransparent moving of
> > the windows (AFAIK done by making every second pixel fully
> > transparent) but I did *not* like (besides the poor implemented
>
> No! The effect is done by Enlightenment, and Rasterman really put his

I know ...

> hackerhat on for it ;-) It is in fact true 50% transparency. This is also
> the reason why it is too slow to be bearable. I played with it on a
> Celeron300A@450MHz with a Permedia2 video card, and it was too slow :(

Using a color-depth of 256 colors (just forgot that I switched into this
mode to look at he icons being dithered) it *is* every second pixel and
it
is fast (at least on my Celeron300 -Notebook ...) & looks quite fine.
Try it -- youŽll like it!

Torsten