This has more to do with the scaling alorigthm than the image format. No matter how an image is compressed or formatted a bitmap is still a bitmap. On Thu, 13 May 1999, pbrown@redhat.com wrote: > On Thu, 13 May 1999, Torsten Rahn wrote: > > > HiColor: 16x16, 32x32, 48x48 (Desktop-icons) > > 22x22 (Toolbar-icons) > > 40 Color: Noone > > > > We would like to use PNG ... would this be a problem? > > Any opinions? > > I'm in favor of all these things, as long as the icons are drawn in a > style that scales well. This would be compatible with the GNOME icons as > well as an added bonus. > > --- > Preston Brown Systems Engineer > pbrown@redhat.com Red Hat Software, Inc. -- Daniel M. Duley - Unix developer & sys admin. mosfet@kde.org mosfet@jorsm.com