Hi Sven, Sven Radej wrote: > > On Thu, 13 May 1999, Torsten Rahn wrote: > (...) > >> What really want is the possibility to drag certain items as new toolbuttons on > >> a custom toolbar, no? > >> > >> Matthias > > > > > >NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Please Nooooooooo!!! > >(Hope you heard it!) > > > >This means that we have to make an icon for *every* menu-entry. > >And now think of Office-applications or Corel-Draw (I can't wait any longer!) > >with it's dozens of Menuentries. Are you sure that you want every entry > >to have an imaginative/suggestive icon. -> Nope! Probably not! > >This would be very stupid. The other solution is much better: especially > >if you use features very often that are *generally* used less often (and > >therefore have no icon)! > > Think about this: application has many icons/toolbuttons but doesn't > display it in toolbars by default; User can drag the buttons he wants from and all these icons are made from heaven ... > special dialog to the toolbar - like in MS Word. MS Word -- Yes, I learned to hate it! The worst thing for most beginners is to find this ´special dialog´. I´m sure that most people won´t figure out themselves how to do this without help. Try it out! Ask some unexperienced person (mother, grandma,... to create an icon in the toolbar ... How many times did I tell people how to do it ...? so far Microsoft´s innovations ... so go forth and copy it *sigh*! Torsten > -- > Sven Radej radej@kde.org > KDE developer Visit http://www.kde.org