On Thu, 13 May 1999, Torsten Rahn wrote: (...) >> What really want is the possibility to drag certain items as new toolbuttons on >> a custom toolbar, no? >> >> Matthias > > >NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Please Nooooooooo!!! >(Hope you heard it!) > >This means that we have to make an icon for *every* menu-entry. >And now think of Office-applications or Corel-Draw (I can't wait any longer!) >with it's dozens of Menuentries. Are you sure that you want every entry >to have an imaginative/suggestive icon. -> Nope! Probably not! >This would be very stupid. The other solution is much better: especially >if you use features very often that are *generally* used less often (and >therefore have no icon)! Think about this: application has many icons/toolbuttons but doesn't display it in toolbars by default; User can drag the buttons he wants from special dialog to the toolbar - like in MS Word. -- Sven Radej radej@kde.org KDE developer Visit http://www.kde.org