On Thu, 13 May 1999, Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote: >On Thu, 13 May 1999, Torsten Rahn wrote: >[snip] >> And just to make it clear: I will not help to draw any large >> toolbar-icon-set with 'maybe-the-user-will-need-this-or-that-icon'. >> This would be a waste of poor ressources (there are still >> just a few artists around!). > >Well, there's no need to be militant about it. ;) There was talk about >there being support for netscape-style toolbars, with a caption under the >icon. With KAction this will become easier to do since every action has a >user-friendly name associated with it. This name can be used for both menu >items and toolbar button caption/tooltip, so if you like you could turn >off icons completely and use just the text (just like netscape). An action should also have: tooltip text and a What's This? richtext associated with it. Qt supports What's This? help now for toolbuttons, menu items (yes!) and accelerators (yes!) :-) Matthias > >-Taj. > >Sirtaj S. Kang taj@kde.org ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au >Univ of Melbourne > "I'm a commercial operating system." > -Doug Michels (CEO SCO)