List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Applets? [ was: Re: kde mp3 player]
From:       David Faure <faure () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-13 15:46:56

On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 05:36:22PM +0200, Pietro Iglio wrote:
> A problem here is that a popup menu cannot be a drag source.
> This was not possible with qt-1.4x, I don't know if this is already
> possible with Qt-2.0.
> Anyone volunteering to write a popup menu class that can be a drag source?
Think a bit more about it : it's not only a widget problem.
A popup menu applies to some special object (in kfm, some URLS ; in kspread, some cells ;
 ... )
So this would mean that selecting some objects and pressing the button would apply the
action on THOSE objects. Which means in turn that we have to imagine a way to
know which objects the action should use, when called
(either adding arguments to the SLOT or, like in kfm, storing the information in
a variable). This is really tricky I think, and I'm not sure it's really worth it...

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org